Chapter 10: Resolution of DisputesSave chapter as a PDF
- 10.A General Principles
- 10.B Informal Departmental Resolution
- 10.C Informal School or College Resolution
- 10.D Ombuds
- 10.E Mediation Services
- 10.F Services for Faculty and Staff Counseling and Consultation
- 10.G Formal Grievance Procedures
- 10.H SACUA Faculty Hearing Committee
- 10.I Resources Outside the University
10.E Mediation ServicesSave section as a PDF
This service provides confidential consultation and dispute resolution assistance to parties who have a work-related concern or disagreement. On request from the parties to the dispute, Mediation Services will arrange for a professionally trained neutral facilitator/mediator to assist the parties in confidentially expressing needs, identifying issues, and exploring solutions. Parties may remain anonymous throughout the process if they wish, and no one will be notified of a party’s concern without that individual’s permission. The services are available to all U-M faculty and staff without charge. Appointments can be scheduled during or after work.
For further information and the names of individual consultants, view <www.umich.edu/~mediate>.