Chapter 10: Resolution of DisputesSave chapter as a PDF
- 10.A General Principles
- 10.B Informal Departmental Resolution
- 10.C Informal School or College Resolution
- 10.D Ombuds
- 10.E Mediation Services
- 10.F Services for Faculty and Staff Counseling and Consultation
- 10.G Formal Grievance Procedures
- 10.H SACUA Faculty Hearing Committee
- 10.I Resources Outside the University
10.F Services for Faculty and Staff Counseling and ConsultationSave section as a PDF
The Faculty and Staff Counseling and Consultation Office (FASCCO) offers a number of services to help current and retired faculty members and their immediate family members with personal difficulties encountered at both work and home. All services are free of charge and confidential. Services include:
- Short-term counseling services on personal, emotional, family and work place issues;
- Personalized coaching services to assist with achieving professional or personal goals, such as overcoming procrastination, improving work organization, and completion of specific projects;
- Critical incident, trauma, and grief counseling; and
- Brown bag educational presentations on a variety of emotional and mental health topics.
FASCCO’s professional staff members are available to assist with such personal issues as interpersonal conflicts, marital/partner or family conflicts, and psychological symptoms – such as depression and anxiety – that may be affecting work performance or career advancement.
Michigan Medicine Office of Counseling and Workplace Resilience is a similar resource of all Michigan Medicine faculty and staff.
Updated August 2022