Chapter 9: Faculty as Representatives of the University/ServiceSave chapter as a PDF
- 9.A General Principles
- 9.B Government Relations
- 9.C Communications and Media Relations
- 9.D Faculty Statements
- 9.E Working Outside the University
- 9.F Lobbying
- 9.G Conflicts of Interest and Conflicts of Commitment
- 9.H Fundraising and Gifts to the University
- 9.I Product Endorsements
- 9.J Questionnaires
- 9.K Use of University Equipment and Property
- 9.L Use of the University Seal, University Wordmark, Block M, and Other Logos
- 9.M Compliance in Health Care
9.B Government RelationsSave section as a PDF
The Office of the Vice President for Government Relations represents the University to communities throughout the state and to local, state, and federal governments.
- Offices in Ann Arbor, Washington, D.C., and Lansing, as well as alumni contacts in state and federal legislatures.
- See section 9.F “Lobbying.”
Office of State Outreach:
- Disseminates information about the University’s statewide commitments and seeks to enhance the University’s presence and service to the state.
- Works with government, civic, and business leaders in Ann Arbor and Southeast Michigan to foster cooperation and positive town-gown relations.
The U-M Health System also has a government relations officer.