Chapter 9: Faculty as Representatives of the University/ServiceSave chapter as a PDF
- 9.A General Principles
- 9.B Government Relations
- 9.C Communications and Media Relations
- 9.D Faculty Statements
- 9.E Working Outside the University
- 9.F Lobbying
- 9.G Conflicts of Interest and Conflicts of Commitment
- 9.H Fundraising and Gifts to the University
- 9.I Product Endorsements
- 9.J Questionnaires
- 9.K Use of University Equipment and Property
- 9.L Use of the University Seal, University Wordmark, Block M, and Other Logos
- 9.M Compliance in Health Care
9.K Use of University Equipment and PropertySave section as a PDF
Faculty who hold regular appointments may use University equipment at off-campus locations whenever this will benefit the teaching, research, public service, or administrative activities of the University. Requests for off-campus use of equipment require the approval of the department head who is responsible for the equipment. See the departmental administrator for more information.
Similarly, faculty may use University facilities for University-related purposes, and in many instances, for private events. For information about the availability of and terms for using a particular facility, contact the facility and speak with the scheduler. In the case of an academic facility, contact the office of the dean or director of the academic unit with which the facility is associated.
- Faculty should be aware that use of University facilities for purposes of sales, solicitations, and fundraising requires prior written permission from the appropriate dean, director, department head, or building director (Regents Ordinance of January, 1995, Article IX, Section 1).
- Other personal use of University property should be with appropriate prior authorization only.
- Use of University grounds (as opposed to buildings) for purposes of sales, solicitations, and fundraising requires prior written permission from the executive vice president and chief financial officer or designee (Regents Ordinance of January, 1995, Article IX, Section 2).