Chapter 9: Faculty as Representatives of the University/ServiceSave chapter as a PDF
- 9.A General Principles
- 9.B Government Relations
- 9.C Communications and Media Relations
- 9.D Faculty Statements
- 9.E Working Outside the University
- 9.F Lobbying
- 9.G Conflicts of Interest and Conflicts of Commitment
- 9.H Fundraising and Gifts to the University
- 9.I Product Endorsements
- 9.J Questionnaires
- 9.K Use of University Equipment and Property
- 9.L Use of the University Seal, University Wordmark, Block M, and Other Logos
- 9.M Compliance in Health Care
9.J QuestionnairesSave section as a PDF
Faculty members who have questions or concerns about filling out questionnaires that ask for U-M statistics should contact the Office of Budget and Planning, a part of the provost’s office, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about University policies, faculty members should contact the dean or director of their academic unit, the Office of the Vice President for Communications, or the Office of the Provost for assistance. Enrollment statistics, graduation rates, financial reports, and other statistical information are announced periodically, often at Regents’ meetings or through press releases.
Excellent sources of factual information about the University include:
- The University of Michigan Financial Report, prepared by the Office of the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- The University of Michigan Profile, a small booklet published by the Office of the Vice President for Communications that contains vital statistics about the University community (updated each year in April).
- Another excellent source of information is the News Service website.